
Saturday, 28 April 2007
College day is finally over!For the past few wks, been so busy trying to find an appropriate top and bottom. Borrowed frm so many diff ppl and in the end, I wore my colleague white and BLUE long sleeve shirt and skirt.Thanks to those who lent me their clothes and SORRY for being so picky! haha, special thanks to ale who specially came all the way down to my house yest just to help me match my top and bottom!
Anyway, had to be in sr by 830am but half the award winners were late! I guessed being punctual was never one of srjcians forte.. So waited till about 9 plus before we were led to the hall where the ceremony would held. Somehow, was really glad to see mrs kok although i do not know her personally. For once, i actually do not find principals speeches boring be it the current principal, Mr Tan or the ex-principal, Mrs kok! This was probably due to the way both of them made their motivating and inspiring speeches and of cuz, coupled with my nervousness. I have no idea why I felt so nervous..maybe because it had been ages since I last went up on the stage to receive a prize and in such a formal event too! However, I think i walked the wrong way back to my seat after receiving the award! Gosh,no wonder why i felt so many faces staring at me! Embarrassing!
Seriously, sitting on my seat below the stage and listening to mrs kok's speech, memories just kept flowing thru my head, regardless of those positive or negative ones. I was thinking of my 2 years in sr, indeed i have enjoyed my time altho occasionally some ppl just had to spoil the harmonious atmosphere over minor issues, which i find it pretty childish. Also, in sr, I was able to take on so many leadership positions, something which i would not dare to dream for if i had studied at some higher-ranked JCs. Maybe tt's God's plan, by posting me to a not-so-well-known jc, I would be more determined and motivated to excel. As compared to being in sc where everybody around me is super smart and the demoralising feeling never fails to go away, in sr, somehow i just have the urge to want to do well because i know i can and i do not wish to disappoint my teachers. Is just human nature but it really feels great when you know tt you top the class in a particular subject or the top 20-30% in the level, it just makes you want to work even harder to achieve better grades. However when i was in sc, being always the bottom few in my class.. the motivation to work hard is just not there or rather i felt that no matter how hard I work, I can never beat those smart ppl and all my hard work would be futile. Thus, when i received my A-lvl results, altho i was disappointed with one of my sub result, I still felt elated cuz my results were actually on par or slightly better than my frens in those top jcs. Something which i would never expect to happen. Not forgetting, the sr teachers fantastic and they are the ones that really inspired and motivated me. Indeed a blessing in disguise..
After the ceremony, was buffet lunch! haha, nice meeting up with teachers and fellow srjcians. The once again familiar faces just makes my day! Oh, had fun making fun of miss koh and laughing at wilson's small head! Last but not least, everyone looks great today, the guys with their long sleeve shirts and ties and the girls, executive wear. I guessed this would probably be of my my last time going back to sr. Well, I would miss everything, I really will.
Pris and me!
Don't u think is beautiful? haha
Community Champions Award (Merit)- Me,wil,pris
thebluesky
Overture.
It's all about ME!
130488
scgs pri.scgs sec.srjc NUS
Share your story.
Friends.
:: ili ::Memories.